The Medication Aide Training program prepares students for a career in passing medications under the supervision of a licensed nurse through comprehensive instruction necessary to succeed as a Medication Aide under the guidance and supervision of qualified instructors.
Medication Aides administer oral and topical medications to residents. These tasks are performed as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations, and consistent with facility policies.
The total cost for the program is $700.
$200 is due at registration if a payment plan is needed. The remaining balance can then be made in payments up until graduation. The $700 includes the tuition and book fees.
Class Start Date:
The next program start date will be held on Jan. 14th, 2020. We must have at least 5 students to begin the program. also, we will be holding one March 10th
Morning Classes: 9 AM to 1 PM.
Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays. The duration of the program is eight weeks.
The State Testing Fee is $25 in a money order only and is paid directly to the state.
We are vendors to the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and The GI Bill for Veterans.
To be accepted, applicants for the Medication Aide Training Program:
• Must be a CNA working in a long-term care facility. Home health agencies DO NOT count as a qualified facility.
• provide proof of completion of High School (transcript, diploma, home-schooling)
• provide proof of being at least 18years of age (drivers license)
• not be listed as unemployable on the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and
• not have been convicted of a criminal offense listed in the Texas Health and Safety Code §250.00
Please fill in the forms below if you wish to register for the program. Bring them in with the other requested documentation above. Thank you.